Sinai Option - The Road to Permanent Peace!
Not long ago the entire Sinai peninsula, as most parts of the Middle East, including Palestine, were a desolated, arid land mass and did not belong to any country. It was a no man's land!
Trans-Jordan was the part of the Palestinian mandate which was allocated for creation of a Jewish state by the League of Nations, in accordance with the Balfour Declaration. Therefore, its separation from Palestinian mandated land was an illegal act. Unfortunately, the dominant imperial powers at the time, Britain and France, controlled the League of Nations, which they used to rubber stamp their shady deals.
For example, in 1922, in order to secure Britain's financial interests in the Suez canal, Sinai was illegally given to Egypt by the British with the permission of King Hussein of Hejaz and Nejd, present Saudi Arabia. In return Britain transferred the control of the land east of the river Jordan to Hussein's son, Abdullah.
Since its independence, Israel has fought many wars with the implacable Arab neighbours, signed numerous cease fires, so-called Hundas, and even peace agreements. But, all those efforts did not bring any permanent solution to the endless terror Israeli society has been enduring daily.
The solution that can bring the permanent peace to the Middle East region was presented over 100 years ago. But, has been ignored and not even considered by friends and enemies of Jewish people.
It is the Sinai option - Transfer of all of the Arab population from the land that used to be called "Palestinian mandate" to the Sinai peninsula, an area of land that is comparable with the entire Palestinian mandate, which included Israel, Gaza, Judea, Samaria, Golan Heights and Jordan! This plan provides the opportunity for a permanent peace:
- It will separate the two incompatible communities entirely and will create an environment conducive to the development of a new Arab entity totally independent from Israel.
- It will provide them with contiguous landmass. Isn't that what is PA demanding?
- It will give full territorial, financial, military, political and religious control over the land, resources and population. There will be no dependency on Israel!
- The new entity will be accountable for its actions in accordance with international law.
- Israel will be able to securely control its border with the new Arab entity.
- All anti-Israel terror-inclined elements will be removed from the Jewish land.
And, this plan is relatively easy to implement because:
- The new entity can be either part of Egypt or become another independent Arab state.
- There are only around 250,000 people living in Sinai today. Mostly, due to the development that had been done by Israel after the Yom Kippur war.
- Over 70% of Jordan's population are, so-called, Palestinians.
- Every year the International community has been wasting billions of dollars merely on conflict maintenance in the region. The SINAI OPTION is offering the opportunity for investment in the permanent resolution of the conflict and it will free up billions of dollars that can be used to alleviate the suffering of people the world over.
- Population transfers were successfully implemented before and after the adoption of the fourth Geneva convention resolution. Actually, Israel is the only country this resolution was targeting, in order to prevent the transfer of Arab population from Israel, after the war of Independence!
- It will create investment opportunities and would be of great benefit to the Egypt, as well a financial bonanza for the Arabs who are currently living in Judea-Samaria, Gaza and Jordan.
- It will improve the life style and living conditions of millions of Arabs and will bring peace, stability and prosperity to Jews in Israel.
- The plan can be implemented humanely and gradually under supervision of the International community, or it will be implemented by force, unilaterally by Israel, when the Arab enemies of the Jewish state will start the next war or perpetrate the hideous act of terror against Israeli population.
This is the only way toward permanent peace in the region and fulfilment of the 2000 years old commandment and inspiration of Jewish people - the Return to the G-d given land of our ancestors! Israel must be ready to implement The SINAI OPTION at any time!
The International community, Arab and Muslim countries insist that they want Peace in the Middle East! Therefore, why don't they even want to hear about this alternative plan?
Our special thanks to the author for submitting this article.
A. G. S.